IHRO 2020 vision
This simplified version of the 30 Articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights has been created
especially for you to know.
We at IHRO have chosen these 11 articles to work on priority till 2020
1. We Are All Born Free & Equal. We are all born free. We all have our own thoughts and ideas. We
should all be treated in the same way.
2. The Right to Life. We all have the right to life, and to live in freedom and safety.
3. No Slavery. Nobody has any right to make us a slave. We cannot make anyone our slave.
4. We’re All Equal before the Law. The law is the same for everyone. It must treat us all fairly.
5. Your Human Rights Are Protected by Law. We can all ask for the law to help us when we are not
6. Freedom of Expression. We all have the right to make up our own minds, to think what we like, to say
what we think, and to share our ideas with other people.
7. Social Security. We all have the right to affordable housing, medicine, education, and childcare,
enough money to live on and medical help if we are ill or old.
8. Food and Shelter for All. We all have the right to a good life. Mothers and children, people who are
old, unemployed or disabled, and all people have the right to be cared for.
9. The Right to Education. Education is a right. Primary school should be free. We should learn about the
United Nations and how to get on with others. Our parents can choose what we learn.
10. Responsibility. We have a duty to other people, and we should protect their rights and freedoms.
11. No One Can Take Away Your Human Rights.